Automated software engineering, programming languages, information retrieval, machine learning, pattern recognition, human-computer interaction, mobile application
Ph.D., Computer Science, Ohio University, Athens, OH
08/2010 - 12/2015 (expected), GPA: 3.9
Dissertation: Learning to Rank Relevant Files for Bug Reports using Domain Knowledge Advisor: Dr. Chang Liu and Dr. Razvan Bunescu
M.S., Electronic Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China
08/2004 - 07/2006, GPA: 3.7
Thesis: Booting Linux with U-Boot on a Digital Signal Processing Board with a Xilinx Virtex-II pro FPGA and ADI TigerSHARC DSP
Advisor: Dr. Yue Wang
B.S., Electronic Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China
09/2000 - 07/2004, GPA: 3.5
Graduate Research Assistant, Ohio University, Athens, OH
08/2010 – present
- Develop a ranking system to recommend source code files for received bug reports. [pdf]
- Develop educational 3-D mobile games running on iPad devices for a NSF GK-12 project to assist high school teaching. [Web]
- Develop a software visualization tool for visualizing project SVN repository history. [Web]
Assistant Manager, Information Technology Dept., Guangdong Materials Group Corporation, Guangzhou, China
05/2008 – 08/2010
- Build and maintain the local enterprise network for the headquarter and all subsidiaries.
- Assist in the building and maintenance of the ERP and the eCommerce systems.
Hardware Engineer, Storage Product Line, ZTE corporation, Shenzhen, China, 08/2006 – 12/2007
- Work on the hardware design of a SAS RAID storage server.
Graduate Research Assistant, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China,
08/2004 – 07/2006
- Develop the embedded software for a signal processing board with FPGA, PowerPC, and DSP integrated.
- Design the PCB of a power circuit for the signal processing board.
Operating System: Mac OS X, Linux, Windows
Libraries/Tools: Lucene, Nutch, Solr, Tika, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, Servlet, JDBC, JDT ASTParser, NLTK, SVM^light, SVM^rank, LibSVM, JUNG, POSIX Threads, OpenMP, OpenCV, U-Boot
Version Control: Git, Subversion, CVS
IDE: Eclipse, Xcode
Software: Unity, Matlab
- Xin Ye, Hui Shen, Xiao Ma, Razvan Bunescu, Chang Liu. From Word Embeddings To Document Similarities for Improved Information Retrieval in Software Engineering. Accepted to the 38th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2016), Austin, TX, May 2016. (Acceptance Rate: 19%, 101 out of 530)
- Xin Ye, Razvan Bunescu, Chang Liu. Mapping Bug Reports to Relevant Files: A Ranking Model, a Fine-grained Benchmark, and Feature Evaluation, to appear. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 2015, [doi:10.1109/TSE.2015.2479232]
- Xin Ye, Razvan Bunescu, Chang Liu. Learning to Rank Relevant Files for Bug Reports using Domain Knowledge. In Proceedings of the 22nd ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE 2014), pp. 66-76, Hong Kong, China, November 2014. [pdf] (Acceptance Rate: 22.3%, 61 out of 273)
- Chang Liu, Xin Ye, En Ye. Source Code Revision History Visualization Tools: Do They Work and What Would it Take to Put Them to Work?. Access, IEEE, vol.2, no., pp.404-426, 2014. [pdf]
- Tiao J. Chang, John Bentz, Justin Wiseman, Yanhui Fang, Andrew Copley, Chang Liu, Sertac Ozercan, Xin Ye, Nathan Andre, and Qing Zhu. A Sustainable Model for Water Resources and Environmental Education. In Proceedings of International Conference on Sustainable Design, Engineering and Construction (ICSDEC 2012), pp. 955-974, Fort Worth, Texas, USA, November 2012.
- Qing Zhu, Yanhui Fang, Xin Ye, Tyler Hogue, Chang Liu, Tiao J Chang, Teresa Franklin, Kelly Johnson. “Comparing Learning Outcomes of an iPad Game, In-Class Experiments, and a Field Trip in Water Quality Education” 2014. Submitted to Computers & Education.
Honors and Awards
- ACM SIGSOFT CAPS Travel Grant, FSE’14, 2014
- EECS Travel Grant, Ohio University, 2014
- Section Chief Promotion, Guangdong Matreials Group Corporation, 2009
- Outstanding Department Awards, Guangdong Matreials Group Corporation, 2009
- University Scholarship, Beijing Institute of Technology, 2000-2004